With unbelievable moistness and flavor this carrot cake receives rave reviews.
An unusual dessert in that a big part of it is made of carrots, it endures as incredibly popular.
How to Make To Die For Carrot Cake
I like to use sweet and juicy carrots when I make this cake.
While processor is running add oil through funnel until mixture is light in color and well mixed.
Pour into a bowl and add the carrots and dry ingredients, mix well.
For easy cake removal, add parchment paper to the bottom of your pans and baking spray should be liberally applied to two 9-inch pans.
Adding parchment for the bottom of your pans will ensure no sticking happens.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes at 350ºF until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting for Carrot Cake
There are all kinds of variations but this one is by far the most typical one you will find.
You want this icing to be soft because this is cake is very moist so you don’t want it crumbling with a colder and thicker frosting.
On a cake plate or stand frost the top and continue frosting the sides with a generous dollop of frosting.
Can You Freeze It?
The easiest way is to slice the cake and freeze the individual slices in airtight wrapping.
This way you can keep them in the freezer for three or four months.
Thaw the slices in a refrigerator overnight.
Allow the cake to come to room temperature before serving.
To Die For Carrot Cake Recipe
For the Cake
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175°C).
- Butter two 9 inch cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- Scrape into a bowl. Add carrots. Add dry ingredients until well mixed. Add batter evenly to both pans.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes on a cake rack before turning the cakes out.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely before adding the frosting.
For the Frosting
Putting the Cake Together
- Place one sponge on a plate and cover with ⅓ of your frosting.
- Place the other sponge on top and use the remaining frosting to cover the sides and top.