Everyone likes to have a go to cake that is particularly easy to make.
After all the name lazy cake is there for a good reason.
This particular recipe is probably less on the lazy side of lazy, when it comes to this category.
Meaning it has fewer steps to it, all easy, but more than a lazy, lazy cake might have!
But this dessert is distinctive, which makes it perfect to share with friends.
How to Make Lazy Cake
Lazy cake seems to be a method of finding the least amount of ingredients that will still produce a cake.
This lazy cake is no different, other than the Middle Eastern twist.
I use halva as a way to sweeten this cake.
Lazy Cake Ingredients
- 1½ cups Halva
- 1 cup Oats
- 1¼ Water (boiling)
- ¾ cup Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1½ cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Heavy Cream
- ¾ cup Coconut Flakes
Equipment I Used:
Lazy Cake Recipe
For the Cake
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350º (175ºC).
- Grease a 9X9 pan. (You can also use a 9X13 pan, your cooking time will be reduced to about 25 minutes.)
- Pour boiling water over oats, stir, set aside.
- Mix eggs and vanilla into the butter mixture.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture to combine until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour ingredients into prepared pan, bake for about 40 minutes, or until done. Toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
For the Topping
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Add halva, stir until dissolved.
- Add cream, stirring, bring to a boil.
- Add coconut, stir, remove from heat. Set aside.
- When done, allow cake to cool for ten minutes before turning out of pan.
- Spread topping evenly over entire cake. Serve.
Nutrition Per Serving