Sounds like a little bit of heaven on a beautiful and warm summer’s day.
Many variations exist on how you can make this recipe, it is your choice on making it how you want it.
Pizza at home of course is so much better than store bought since you can make it how you like it.
What is Bruschetta Pizza?
It comes out of the hot oven glistening with the goodness that only the mixture and olive oil can provide.
With the topping piled high on the crust, it will go back into the oven for a final finish.
You will know when you are done when the feta cheese is bubbly and brown at the edges.
A dash of mozzarella cheese can be sprinkled on top at the last minute as well.
Making Bruschetta Dough
What Kind of Tomatoes Should I Use?
As long as you have fresh and juicy ripe tomatoes, you will be on track for creating a delicious bruschetta topping.
Making the Topping
You will want to have the freshest and juiciest ingredients you can find.
In a bowl, combine all the topping ingredients except the cheese and mix well.
You can decide if you want the basil to remain whole leaf or if you’d rather chop it and mix with the tomatoes.
Drain off any excess liquid so that your crust does not become too mushy or wet.
Bringing it Together
Once your crust is about half way done is when you want to combine it with the topping.
Remove the crust from the oven and spoon the tomato mixture topping evenly over the entire pizza.
Crumble the feta cheese and scatter over the top of the tomatoes making sure you don’t leave any bare spots.
Tips for Making Bruschetta Pizza
- The main thing is not to overcook your crust before getting the topping on your pizza.
- The tomatoes need to be ripe, nice and juicy, but remove any excess juice in the topping for best results.
Bruschetta Pizza Recipe
For the Topping
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Roll out the pizza dough to your preferred thickness, or around half an inch thick.
- Mince the garlic into the olive oil, mixing well.
- Brush garlic olive oil generously onto the crust.
- Cook until half cooked - about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover the crust evenly with tomato topping.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese uniformly over the tomato topping.
- Cook for another 7 to 10 minutes until the pizza is cooked through.