Given Jesus came from the Holy Land, specifically Bethlehem, there are many Arab Christians living in the Arab world.
Christmas is a big time of celebration in the Middle East, just like so many other places around the world.
People come together over food to eat, and traditions to celebrate, like other countries that have Christian populations..
What are Cinnamon Cookies?
How to Make Cinnamon Cookies
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, which is a typical heat for cookie baking.
Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture a quarter cup at a time, mixing well in between.
Press down on the dough balls using a fork making indentations like you would for peanut butter cookies.
Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature before you serve them.
Different Flavors to Try
Roll in cinnamon chips, giving the cookies an additional burst of cinnamon flavor.
Try brown sugar and cinnamon in place of the white sugar, then chill the dough before baking.
Roll the cookie balls in a cinnamon and sugar mixture to add sweetness and intensity to your cookie.
Can you Freeze Cinnamon Cookies?
The answer is a simple yes, you can freeze these cookies with good results for up to three months.
Place the uncooked balls of cookie dough on a parchment paper lined tray and press with a fork to flatten.
Place the baking sheet into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
As soon as the cookies are frozen, remove them and place in an airtight container in the freezer.
When ready to bake, place the cookies on a lined baking sheet, and place frozen into the preheated oven.
Add a few minutes of baking time to make sure the cookies are cooked through.
For freezing baked cookies, place and freeze them in the freezer in a single layer, then transfer to an airtight container.
To thaw, it is very important to remove the frozen cookies from their container.
Place them on a paper towel lined plate in a single layer to absorb any moisture.
These cookies will remain good at room temperature for two to three days, and about ten days covered in the fridge.
Tips for Making
- It’s important not to overbake these cookies otherwise they will become too crumbly.
- Once the edges become lightly browned, the rest of the cookie will remain somewhat pale in color, they should be done.
- If you find the dough a bit sticky, hard to roll or difficult to work with, refrigerate for ten minutes.
- Try rolling the cookie balls in powdered sugar before pressing with the fork into cookie shapes.
- Roll this cookie dough between two sheets of wax paper if you want to use shaped cutters for festive cookie shapes.
- Drizzle the baked, and cooled cookies with powdered sugar icing for an additional sugary taste.
Cinnamon Cookies Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Mix the baking powder with the flour. Set aside.
- Add the cardamom and cinnamon to the butter mixture, and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture one heaping tablespoon at a time, until well incorporated.
- Shape dough into balls and place on a parchment paper lined tray.
- Flatten cookies using a fork to mke ridges.
- Place in the oven and bake for 14 minutes.